Monday, January 7, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

New Year's resolutions are overrated, yet everyone always makes them.  It makes no sense for people to make impossible resolutions if they can't stick to it for the first 72 hours of the new year.  I really didn't decide to make new resolutions once it struck midnight on December 31.  Instead, I told myself to keep up on the small changes I've been making on my day-to-day activities.

Here are my resolutions, which I'll change to daily goals, for 2013:

1. Eat breakfast!  I was never a breakfast gal.  The only time where I would really enjoy breakfast would be on weekends when my dad would cook an enormous meal with corn beef, spam, eggs, and fried rice.  Nowadays, I'll cook omelettes or cinnamon pancakes if I'm in the mood.  When I'm not in the mood, I just forget about breakfast and stuff my face at lunch.  There came a point where I wanted to change my habit which I slowly have been.  I feed my daughter breakfast everyday, so I too should eat breakfast.  My husband and daughter are breakfast people and I'm starting to become one.  For the past few weeks, I've been eating either oatmeal (which I absolutely hated as a kid) or toast with hot chocolate.  With the new year, I told my husband to constantly remind me to eat breakfast.  It's the most important meal of the day!

2. Be active and patient!  I've been out of a job since the end of 2011.  For most of 2012, I was spending most of my days on the couch watching tv or Youtube videos.  I decided to get myself active again by doing some type of exercise at least 20-30 minutes a day.  This doesn't mean my goal for 2013 is to lose wait.  Rather, I just want to get the blood flowing throughout the day.  Plus it's not easy to play with a 4-year-old when you're sitting on the couch.  So that's the active part.  Patience is towards my daughter.  Now that she's growing into the toddler "habits" of constant activities and play time, I need to be able to keep up with her.  She's constantly on the go wanting to do or play with something different.  I want to be a good parent and discipline her without being harsh.  I definitely don't want to come across as the parent that she should be afraid of.  I just need to learn how to not let out my frustration on her.

3. Out with the new, in with the old!  Wait, isn't is "out with the old, in with the new"?  This goal pertains to makeup only.  2012 was a great year for me to learn more about cosmetics in which I spent a ton of money on buying the items.  Heck, I still have makeup products sitting in boxes and bags in my closet.  I told myself, "If I want a new item, I need to finish something else first".  Plus, by the time I buy a certain item, it'll be old news already.  The beauty industry is a constant revolving door especially with the limited editions.  Once it hits the shelves, it'll be gone in the blink of an eye.  So, I need to finish my current (and new, unopened) items before I go buy some more.  It's not easy to buy makeup when you have no income...

So there you have it!  My resolutions (or daily goals) for 2013.  It'd be great to know what are yours by leaving a comment below <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!