Friday, January 18, 2013

Date Night Makeup

I rarely do date night with friends or with my husband.  When you're a parent, date night consists of any valuable time where there's no noise resonating in the house.  The minutes after your child falls asleep is positively the best part of the night until you or your husband starts cleaning the house, falling asleep on the couch while watching tv, or your husband starts drifting into his computer gaming world.  So, when I saw a date night makeup tutorial on YouTube, I wanted to give it a shot and recreate the look with what I have.


Side bar: This look comes from Tanya Burr's YouTube channel which I'll link below.  She's one of my favorite beauty gurus that I watch on a daily basis.  I follow her blog and trust her recommendations whenever she reviews makeup products.  I think you should watch her because she's absolutely amazing and very talented!


Ok, back to the look!  It turns out that this is very simple.  I know I say that a lot, but it's very true.  It's natural with subtle eyes and a magenta/red lip.  If you're not comfortable with the lip color, you can always apply a dark pink or mauve color.  I think the lipstick that Tanya uses has blue undertones so be aware of your undertones.

Check out my channel to see how I recreated this date night look.




- bareMinerals SPF 15 Original Foundation (medium tan)
- Tarte EmphasEYES For Brows High Definition Eyebrow Pencil (medium brown)
- BYS Colour Perfectionist Eyeshadow Palette
- BYS Matte Eyeshadow Palette
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil (demolition)
- Maybelline Eyestudio Gel Eyeliner (blackest black)
- Maybelline Volum' Express One-by-One Mascara
- bareMinerals Blush (pink ribbon)
- Tarina Tarantino Conditioning Lip Sheen (floriculture)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!