Sunday, July 1, 2012

Skincare Challenge: Exuviance

An unfortunate battle that people deal with or have dealt with in their lifetime is acne.  It's punishment from Eve eating that damn apple- just joking.  I have oily combination skin and have dealt with acne since I reached puberty (and so did everyone else).  Since then, my face has gone through the challenge of me using different products to reduce acne, scarring and hyperpigmentation.  Products I've used range from prescribed ointments to drugstore products such as Neutrogena and Clean & Clear.  Those are the only 2 drugstore products that I stick to.  I've had great success with these brands on separate occasions.  Overall, my skincare routine is very sacred to me that if I skip it, I feel a difference in my face and will have to suffer the consequences a few days later.

Right now, I'm testing out different skincare products that target my skin condition (oily/combination), acne, scarring, hyperpigmentation and smoothing my skin and complexion.  I used Clean & Clear Advance acne kit throughout college.  It was a great starter kit and I still use the acne treatments every night to reduce scarring.  I was using Boscia Best Set, which I already rambled about back in May, for six weeks.  The kit included a cleanser, under eye cream, moisturizer with SPF15, night cream, and blotting sheets.  My review for this kit is not good therefore not recommendable to anyone who has the same skin issues as me.  I knew after purchasing Boscia, I wanted another kit or brand to compare to.  That's when I found Exuviance.

As you can see from the title, I'm "challenging" my face as I start to use the Exuviance kit for six weeks.  I aim to blog weekly and share with you my results whether good or bad.  I have high expectations for this kit due to the reviews from the saleswoman from Ulta.  She has recommended and sold this brand to family and friends who consulted with her about their acne issues.  Whether she was acting like a good employee, her selling point caught my attention.  We both have similar skin issues and she understood my need to make my face look and feel better.

The kit comes with 5 items: a cleansing gel, toner, moisturizer with SPF15, evening cream and treatment masque.  I already used the products this morning and already felt a difference after following the routine.  I'm going to avoid using other products that didn't come with the kit.  I plan on doing a video too so that you can hear what I have to say.

Here are a few pictures of the kit and my current face conditions.  Let the challenge begin!

 The top flap opens upwards where there are instructions underneath and the products shown here.

No makeup taken this morning under natural lighting in room.

 Scarring next my right eyebrow and on my cheek.  There's discoloration under my lip.  I already feel a pimple making a appearance...sadness!

Scarring on my left cheek with some discoloration.  I started breaking out on this side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your love and support!